Just have a look at the following chart:
Not surprisingly, Java retains the No.1 spot for the 3rd consecutive year.
Some surprising facts are:
- C is more popular than C++
- Visual Basic (mainly due to VB.Net?) has made it into the 3rd spot from 5th spot last year.
- The popularity of C++ is declining at a rapid rate from 2004 onwards.
- Perl and Python are more popular than C#.
- I don’t know how well Ruby is adopted in software houses, but the TIOBE index says a different story. But we must admit that after the availability of “Ruby on Rails” framework, ruby adoption has increased. (Look at the spike in the above mentioned chart in late 2006 for ruby).
Ref: TIOBE Index
Hmm, it would be really interesting, if we can get some chart about various java frameworks like struts, jsf, wicket, etc..
Are you saying that it’s already available..?